UAB Medicine offers nurses a variety of shifts and schedules that fit your lifestyle, support your work/life balance, and allow you to adjust your work schedule as your life changes. Also, self-scheduling is offered on most of our inpatient units. Between our inpatient and outpatient nursing roles, there are numerous day shift and night shift options available, including:
- Student positions that work with your nursing school schedule
- Weekends* – Baylor shift and weekend incentive nurse (WIN) options
*UAB Medicine now offers Baylor shifts and WIN options for weekend shifts. Details about each are listed below:
- Weekend hours are defined as shifts starting at the Friday PM shift and running through the Sunday PM shift.
- Includes RN, ANM, RN oncology, RN procedure, and LPN job titles (subject to change)
- Offered on all 50+ inpatient units and in procedure areas
- Available to new and experienced nurses as well as current employees
- Work 24 weekend hours and get paid for 36 hours.
- Paid at base rate with a shift differential
Weekend Incentive Nurse (WIN)
- Choose one of two schedule options:
- 24 total hours – weekend shifts
- 36 total hours – 24 hours (minimum) on the weekend and one additional shift
- Paid at base rate with a shift differential, plus an additional $8 per hour for weekend hours
- Provides more flexibility in the days worked each week
If you have questions about weekend options and the benefits of each, please contact your recruiter.