Critical Care Transport Menu
- Call 1-800-UAB-MIST (1-800-822-6478) and ask to speak to the Critical Care Transport Coordinator. The Transport Coordinator can answer your questions, and if not covered by health insurance, provide an estimated cost.
- Talk to the patient’s attending physician about your desire to transfer the patient and his/her arranging an accepting physician at the receiving hospital. If transferring to UAB, the referring physician can do this through the MIST phone number in above step.
- A confirmed bed is needed prior to transport. If the patient is coming to UAB, this will be addressed in the call between physicians to arrange transfer.
- For health insurance information, the patient, their family or the hospital’s case manager can call the insurance, provide the policy information and request coverage provided.
- Once these steps are completed, the patient can be transported to the receiving facility