How to Refer a Patient
To refer a patient to this program, please contact our office administrator at 205.934.7557 from 8 am to 5 pm CST, Monday through Friday. To expedite the scheduling and evaluation process, please forward all relevant documents to our office as soon as possible, including recent labs, PFTs, HRCT (physical copies or on disc), lung biopsy slides and reports, if available, and all pertinent medical records from the referring physician.
UAB Interstitial Lung Disease/Pulmonary Fibrosis Program
1900 University Boulevard, THT 422
Birmingham, AL 35294-0006
As a member of the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation Care Center Network, the UAB interstitial lung disease (ILD) program is an integrated practice unit that delivers the most advanced management plans for ILD, including idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and sarcoidosis. We are one of the largest sarcoidosis centers in the southeast, and our lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) clinic is one of only 24 nationally. Our goal is to advance new and improved therapies to help patients with ILD live longer, healthier lives.
Other highlights include:
- One of the nation’s largest ILD centers; >1,500 clinic visits annually
- Multiple NIH-supported, investigator-initiated clinical trials, especially for IPF
- Industry-sponsored trials
Online provider access to UAB electronic medical records
View all ongoing clinical trials at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Sarcoidosis Diagnosis and ManagementCME/CE0.25Minutes16Close
- Diagnosis and Management of Progressive Pulmonary FibrosisCME/CE0.25Minutes12Close
- Diagnosis and Management of Hypersensitivity PneumonitisCME/CE0.25Minutes10Close
- Management of Connective Tissue Disease Associated Interstitial Lung Disease (CTD-ILD)CME/CE0.25Minutes11Close
- Diagnosis of Idiopathic Pulmonary FibrosisCME/CE0.25Minutes15Close
- Management of Idiopathic Pulmonary FibrosisCME/CE0.25Minutes13Close
- Progressive Pulmonary FibrosisCME/CE0.50Minutes26Close