How to Refer a Patient
For urgent referrals or inpatient transfers, please call UAB MIST (Medical Information Service via Telephone) at 1-800-UAB-MIST (1-800-822-6478) or email email@example.com. UAB MIST is a toll-free, 24-hour service that connects physicians anywhere in the country with UAB Medicine specialists.
UAB Medicine is a major referral center for patients needing advanced life support due to acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), pulmonary embolism, post-cardiac arrest complications, septic shock, and other conditions. We have one of the nation’s most active extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) programs, and our board-certified physicians and surgeons are supported by nurses, perfusionists, and respiratory and physical therapists trained to care for ECMO patients. We have expertise in the use of prone positioning for treating severe ARDS, and we offer telemedicine consultations to other hospitals to share our proficiency in evidence-based treatments.
Online provider access to UAB electronic medical records
View all ongoing clinical trials at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Adult ECMO Program at UAB MedicineCME/CE0.25Minutes10Close
- Overview of UAB ECMO ProgramCME/CE0.00Minutes29Close
- Extracorporeal Life Support in Advanced Lung DiseaseCME/CE0.00Minutes27Close
- Evolving Paradigms in Critical CareCME/CE0.00Minutes24Close
- ECLS Regenerative Recovery ModelCME/CE0.00Minutes32Close