Addiction Recovery Admission
If you have been suffering with substance use disorder, we know that getting help quickly is your first priority. Getting started in treatment is easy. Simply call our admissions counselor at 205-975-7350 to get started. Your conversation with our admissions counselor will be confidential and non-judgmental. Have your insurance information available, and a quick estimate of out-of-pocket expenses can be provided. Same-day admission to treatment usually is possible.
Services Provided by the UAB Medicine Addiction Recovery Program
|Assessment & Admission||• Psychosocial assessment conducted by a master’s-level clinician|
• Education and support for family members through the admission process
|Medical Services||• On-site RN staff A board-certified addiction medicine physician serves as medical director |
• Full nursing assessment
• Complete medical history and physical
• Medical follow-up as necessary, with outside practitioner referral when needed
• Drug screen upon admission and randomly throughout the stay
• Help with managing chronic health conditions, such as hypertension and diabetes
• Psychiatric evaluation and follow-up care as needed
|Clinical Services||• Assignment to a licensed primary therapist |
• Group, individual, and family therapy
• Personalized treatment plan Individualized relapse prevention
• Comprehensive monitoring for professionals
• Types of therapy: Trauma-Informed Care (TIC)
– Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
– Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
– Motivational interviewing
– Family therapy
– Eye movement desensitization reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma
– Equine therapy
– Adventure-based therapy
– Grief therapy
|Family Program||• Dedicated, professionally licensed family therapist |
• Family assessment (including family history, questionnaire, genogram, and family treatment plan)
• Family therapy
• Couples therapy
• Weekly support groups
• Two-day family workshop
|Alumni & Aftercare||• Alumni events |
• Weekly aftercare groups for two years post-treatment
Get help now! Call our admissions coordinator today at (205) 975-7350
How much does drug/alcohol treatment cost?
Costs vary based on the length of treatment length and the level of care. Insurance often covers the majority of treatment expenses.
Does the UAB Medicine Addiction Recovery Program accept insurance for drug/alcohol treatment?
Yes. We are in-network for many major insurance companies including BlueCross/BlueShield, VIVA Health, and VIVA Access. Insurance plans vary greatly on what they cover with regard to substance use disorder treatment. During our initial conversation, we will gather your insurance information, so that we may estimate your out-of-pocket costs.
The UAB Medicine Addiction Recovery Program does not accept Medicaid or Medicare for treatment services.
What is the self-pay rate if I have no insurance?
The Intensive Outpatient Program costs $500 per week for individuals who are self-paying.