How to Refer a Patient
For urgent referrals or inpatient transfers, please call UAB MIST (Medical Information Service via Telephone) at 1-800-UAB-MIST (1-800-822-6478) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. UAB MIST is a toll-free, 24-hour service that connects physicians anywhere in the country with UAB Medicine specialists.
UAB Medicine is a regional and national referral center for the care of complex vascular disorders, thanks to our multidisciplinary practice and comprehensive range of evidence-based therapies. We rely on focused diagnostic techniques and radiographic imaging to design the most effective treatment plans. UAB’s state-of-the-art facilities include a dedicated non-invasive vascular lab, advanced echocardiography, 3-D imaging to facilitate complex aneurysm repair, and hybrid operating rooms (with dedicated nurses and technicians), which allow surgeons to perform complex open, endovascular, and hybrid procedures.
Online provider access to UAB electronic medical records
View all ongoing clinical trials at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Chronic Limb Threatening IschemiaCME/CE1.25Minutes13Close
- Non-Fluoroscopic Imaging for Endovascular SurgeryCME/CE0.25Minutes9Close
- Ascending Aortic Arch Repair & Endovascular TreatmentsCME/CE0.25Minutes17Close
- Minimally Invasive Treatments for Venous DiseaseCME/CE0.25Minutes16Close
- Awareness of Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)CME/CE0.25Minutes17Close
- Abdominal Aortic AneurysmsCME/CE0.25Minutes12Close
- Abdominal Aortic AneurysmCME/CE0.25Minutes13Adam Beck, MD, illustrates how grafts are successfully placed in complex abdominal aortic aneurysms with respect to type of grafts used and surrounding anatomy.WatchClose