How to Refer a Patient
For urgent referrals or inpatient transfers, please call UAB MIST (Medical Information Service via Telephone) at 1-800-UAB-MIST (1-800-822-6478) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. UAB MIST is a toll-free, 24-hour service that connects physicians anywhere in the country with UAB Medicine specialists.
To refer a patient directly to the TAVR program, please call 205-975-1888 or click here to complete our online referral form.
UAB Medicine’s Structural Heart & Valve Disease Program treats the full range of heart valve problems, using minimally invasive and interventional techniques as well as traditional open surgery when appropriate. Our transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) team is the most active in Alabama, and performs aortic and mitral balloon valvuloplasties, transcatheter valve-in-valve replacements and mitral repair, and many other procedures.
Online provider access to UAB electronic medical records
View all ongoing clinical trials at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Bicuspid Valve DiseaseCME/CE0.25Minutes18Close
- Hypertrophic CardiomyopathyCME/CE0.25Minutes21Close
- Management of Right Ventricular Outflow Tract DysfunctionCME/CE0.25Minutes13Close
- Inspiris ValveCME/CE0.25Minutes12Close
- Mitral and Tricuspid TherapiesCME/CE0.25Minutes24Close