How to Refer a Patient
For a consultation or to refer a patient to the UAB Advanced Heart Failure Program, please complete this form or contact our office at (205) 934-3438 or via fax at (205) 975-9320. We will contact your patient to schedule an appointment. In the meantime, please look for a follow-up fax from us confirming the referral.
For urgent referrals or inpatient transfers, please call UAB MIST (Medical Information Service via Telephone) at 1-800-UAB-MIST (1-800-822-6478) or email email@example.com. UAB MIST is a toll-free, 24-hour service that connects physicians anywhere in the country with UAB Medicine specialists.
The UAB Advanced Heart Failure Program offers a comprehensive range of medical management expertise, surgical options, and mechanical circulatory support devices, including one of the region’s most active left ventricular assist device (LVAD) programs. Our services are well suited for patients with:
- Heart failure symptoms despite medical therapy
- Frequent hospitalizations for decompensated heart failure
- Impaired quality of life due to heart failure
- Evidence of end organ involvement, such as renal failure or liver congestion
- End-stage coronary disease not eligible for revascularization
- Ventricular tachycardia and implantable cardioverter-defibrillator shocks unresponsive to therapy
Online provider access to UAB electronic medical records
View all ongoing clinical trials at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.