UAB Hospital-Highlands is a campus of UAB Hospital. The general acute care facility is conveniently located at 1201 11th Avenue South, on the southern perimeter of the UAB campus. Our staff physicians, all with UAB credentials, evaluate and treat a full range of general medical and surgical problems.
UAB Hospital-Highlands once was a community hospital and later an orthopaedic hospital. It retains the best elements of this, including small size, free parking, and neighborhood location. But you will also see evidence of UAB’s expertise and technology that have transformed UAB Hospital-Highlands into an integral part of our system of clinical care.
Among our featured services are:
- Comprehensive Bone and Joint Disorders Care
- Emergency Department for non-catastrophic cases
- Family Medicine
- Gastroenterology (digestive health)
- Geriatric Services (the area’s first model patient unit for coordinated geriatric care)
- Infectious Disease
- Intensive Care Unit
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery (physical therapy)
- Pain Management Services (serving patients with acute and chronic conditions, including intractable cancer pain)
- Preoperative Assessment, Consultation & Treatment Clinic (PACT)
- Radiosurgery Treatment Center
- Rheumatology Services
- Sleep-Wake Disorders Center
- Specialized Unit for Fragility Fractures
- The Workplace
- Travelers Clinic
- Vein Clinic
- Weight Loss Medicine Services
- Bariatric Surgery
For your convenience, the hospital provides accessible and convenient complimentary parking directly in front of the main entrance, with additional parking available across 13th Street South. Our security staff provides a shuttle service for patients and guests from the parking areas. In addition, patients can be dropped off and picked up under the main canopy on 11th Avenue South.