UAB Callahan Eye Hospital Clinic - UAB Campus
Suites 406, 409, and 601
Birmingham, AL 35233
With many UAB Callahan Eye Hospital (CEH) Clinic locations throughout central Alabama, you have timely access to UAB ophthalmologists, state-of-the-art technologies, and groundbreaking research. "Our on-campus clinic is located inside the UAB Callahan Eye Hospital at 1720 University Boulevard and provides a comprehensive range of eye care services, including a full-service optical store. We can provide simple eye exams, lens prescriptions, cataract surgery, or cosmetic procedures, as well as treatment for chronic conditions such as macular degeneration and glaucoma. Whatever your need, the UAB Callahan Eye Hospital Clinic can provide the comprehensive care you are looking for.
For 50 years, UAB Callahan Eye Hospital has focused on delivering innovative eye care and pioneering breakthroughs in the preservation and restoration of eyesight. We have been recognized internationally and nationally for outstanding patient care, treatment of eye trauma, and crucial research in eye disease. Our outstanding services and accomplishments include:
- One of the few facilities in the world entirely dedicated to advancements in ophthalmology
- One of the busiest eye care centers in the nation
- One of only two Level 1 Ocular Trauma Centers in the United States with a 24/7 eye emergency department
- The only dedicated facility in Alabama specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of the eye
- 16 dedicated operating rooms which support more than 11,000 eye surgeries annually
- Award-winning patient care, having earned prestigious Press Ganey awards in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016
- Named in 2013 as one of the “100 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Pioneering developments in surgical instrumentation, devices, and procedures used by ophthalmologists around the world
- Home to a comprehensive eye research program and the state’s only accredited ophthalmology training program provided by the UAB Department of Ophthalmology
We know that your eye care needs will change throughout your life. Our experienced physicians can help you adapt to those changes with the right mix of specialized eye care, all under one roof. Appointments at any of our eight central Alabama locations can be made by calling 205.325.8620.
PARKINGPatient Drop-off and Pick-up Area: Our patient dropoff and pickup area in the parking deck is located on Level 1 (red level) for your convenience.
Patients with Limitations: Designated parking is located on Levels 1, 2, 3 and 7 of the parking deck. Other entrances are not accessible for the disabled.