Gardendale Primary & Specialty Care
UAB Medicine Primary & Specialty Care of Gardendale is a state-of-the-art medical complex that offers primary and specialty care services, an adjacent Freestanding Emergency Department, and a UAB Callahan Eye Hospital Clinic with full-service optical store.
The outpatient care provided at UAB Medicine Gardendale is backed by the knowledge and expertise of UAB, one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers. We welcome adults of all ages, and our primary care, eye care, and Freestanding Emergency Room services are also available for pediatric patients.
The full range of services provided at UAB Medicine Gardendale include:
- Primary Care (internal medicine) - Adults and Pediatrics
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Digestive Health Services
- GI Surgery
- Liver Services
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Podiatry - Foot & Ankle Care
- Sports & Exercise Medicine
- UAB eMedicine/Telehealth
- 24/7 Emergency Department
- UAB Callahan Eye Hospital Clinic and optical store
- On-site laboratory services
- Comprehensive Imaging Services including echocardiogram (echo), electrocardiogram (EKG), digital radiology, mammography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), and ultrasound technology
- Allergy & Asthma
- Vascular Surgery
- Behavioral Medicine
Free parking is available directly in front of the facility.
Hours of Operation
Primary & Specialty Care:
8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Freestanding Emergency Department:
24 hours a day, seven days a week
After Hours and Emergencies
If you need to reach a physician after hours, please call 205.934.3411 and ask for the physician on call. If your call is a true medical emergency, please dial 911 for immediate assistance or visit our Freestanding Emergency Department. For non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries on the weekend or after hours, UAB Medicine operates an urgent care clinic in downtown Birmingham. For hours of operation and more information about UAB Medicine urgent care services, please visit uabmedicine.org/urgentcare.