When it comes to your health, UAB Women & Infants Services is here to help with the things you plan for as well as the unexpected. We also recognize that healthy relationships last a lifetime. That’s why we provide comprehensive care for women at every stage of life, in the comfort of our award-winning Women & Infants Center. From routine OB/GYN visits and the birth of a baby to menopause, we are with you every step of the way. And if you face issues such as infertility, gynecologic cancer, incontinence, a difficult pregnancy, or a premature birth, our team of specialists and sub-specialists is committed to providing you with exceptional care and compassion. From the simple to the complex, from the everyday to the out of the ordinary, we want to be part of your journey as a woman – no matter where life takes you.
The UAB Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology offers services for every stage of a woman’s life..
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (Women’s Reproductive Health Care) offers comprehensive women’s health care, ranging from routine OB/GYN services to complex gynecological concerns.
- High-Risk Pregnancy (Maternal-Fetal Medicine) combines high-risk obstetric care with the most advanced diagnostic services and treatments for women with special pregnancy concerns, including advanced age, multiple fetuses, diabetes, a complicated pregnancy history, or other medical conditions.
- Infertility (Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility) is staffed by a team of highly trained medical experts and provides the least intrusive and most advanced infertility treatments available, including a cancer and fertility preservation program.
- Urogynecology & Incontinence (Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery) provides professional, sensitive care for women with incontinence and pelvic floor disorders. We offer the latest and most effective non-surgical and surgical approaches.
- Gynecologic Cancer (Gynecologic Oncology) features a multidisciplinary team that provides comprehensive, compassionate care for women with gynecologic cancers. We assist women with the physical and emotional challenges associated with gynecologic cancer and design a treatment plan customized to each patient’s individual needs, backed by state-of-the-art technology.
Infant Care Services
UAB Obstetrics & Gynecology works closely with the UAB Department of Pediatrics and Children’s of Alabama to provide comprehensive care for well babies and preterm and full-term babies with medical conditions.
- Newborn Care is provided by medical staff in the UAB Division of General Pediatrics.
- Newborn Intensive Care is delivered by the UAB Division of Pediatric Neonatal and Perinatal Medicine and provides comprehensive care for preterm babies and newborns with illnesses. Together with Children’s of Alabama, this division operates Alabama’s only Level IV Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), designated by the American Academy of Pediatrics as the highest and most comprehensive level of care available.
Produced by UAB Medicine Marketing Communications (learn more about our content).