The UAB Preventive Cardiology Section helps patients determine their risk for heart disease, helps those who are at risk of developing heart disease take steps toward better heart health, and helps those with established heart disease prevent recurrent events.
If you are at risk for heart disease, there are several steps you can take to prevent or postpone the onset of symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with heart disease, the specialists at UAB can work with you to treat your condition. Changes in lifestyle, diet and exercise combined with medical and surgical treatments can all work to alleviate symptoms and their recurrence.
You can learn more about your options by visiting the links below.
- Inside a high-tech heart clinic, doctors look to the past for clues to the future
- Your Family Tree Can Reveal Heart Disease Risks
- Asif Answers Questions About Taking Care of Heart Health During Exercise
- UAB Cardiogenomics Clinic Transforms Cardiac Care Through Genomic Medicine
- This Heart Month, explore healthy recipes to prevent heart disease
- Traveling? Learn More about Your Risk for DVT Blood Clots
- What Your Doctor Wants to Know About Your Heart Health
- BINGO… New Year, New Ways to Improve Your Heart
- 12 Heart-Healthy Tips for the Holidays
- Santa’s Heart-Healthy Makeover for the Holidays