How to Refer a Patient
For a consultation or to refer a patient, please complete this form or contact the UAB Lung Transplant Program office at (205) 975-8615 or via fax at (205) 975-9792. We will contact your patient to schedule an appointment. In the meantime, please look for a follow-up fax from us confirming the referral.
For urgent referrals or inpatient transfers, please call UAB MIST (Medical Information Service via Telephone) at 1-800-UAB-MIST (1-800-822-6478) or email email@example.com. UAB MIST is a toll-free, 24-hour service that connects physicians anywhere in the country with UAB Medicine specialists.
One of the most active in the nation, the UAB Lung Transplant Program generates one-year patient and graft survival rates that are better than the expected rates and U.S. averages. We provide lifesaving care for cystic fibrosis, COPD, emphysema, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, and other serious lung diseases. We are helping develop new cystic fibrosis drugs that could reduce the need for lung transplant. UAB’s role as a leading lung transplant center is enhanced by our 20-year-old extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) program, the only one in Alabama.
Online provider access to UAB electronic medical records
View all ongoing clinical trials at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Catastrophic Brain Injury Guidelines & Organ Donor ManagementCME/CE0.25Minutes19Close
- Lung Cancer Screening GuidelinesCME/CE0.25Minutes14Close
- Referral Criteria for Lung Transplant at UABCME/CE0.25Minutes14Close
- UAB Transplant: A Tradition of InnovationCME/CE0.00Minutes28Close
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency: Testing & Treatment OptionsCME/CE0.25Minutes16Close
- The Histocompatibility Lab at UAB MedicineCME/CE0.25Minutes21Close