The UAB Center for Psychiatric Medicine (CPM) is committed to providing the highest quality services and treatments for adolescents, adults, geriatrics, and families. The CPM offers services in the areas of neuropsychiatry, psychiatry, psychotherapy, and addiction recovery. We offer in-depth evaluation and treatment for a broad range of psychiatric disorders.
Each of our inpatient units is unique, specialized, and designed to meet patient needs based on the type or acuity of psychiatric disorder. Evaluations and treatment are provided by a highly qualified and diverse care team, including psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, and occupational, recreational, and music therapists. Our social services staff provides aftercare assistance by connecting patients with available community services as well as placement options. Treatment is provided in a therapeutic community that features group, occupational, recreational, and music therapy.
- Acute adolescent inpatient psychiatry services
- Acute geriatric inpatient psychiatry services
- Acute adult inpatient psychiatry services
- Adult psychiatric intensive care services
- Recovery Stabilization Unit
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program