UAB Callahan Eye Hospital Clinic – Cahaba River
Vestavia Hills, AL 35243
With many UAB Callahan Eye Hospital (CEH) Clinic locations throughout central Alabama, you have convenient, timely access to UAB ophthalmologists, state-of-the-art technologies, and groundbreaking research no matter where you live.
The UAB CEH Clinic – Cahaba River is located at 2801 Old 280 Court, just off Cahaba River Road in the Altadena community. The clinic offers comprehensive adult and pediatric ophthalmology and optometry services, plus an in-house optical store featuring a wide selection of designer eyeglasses and sunglasses from brands such as Ray-Ban, Coach, Maui Jim, Tom Ford, Badgley Mischka, Kate Spade, Miraflex, and more.
For 50 years, UAB Callahan Eye Hospital has focused on delivering innovative eye care and pioneering breakthroughs in the preservation and restoration of eyesight. We have been recognized internationally and nationally for outstanding patient care, treatment of eye trauma, and crucial research in eye disease. Our outstanding services and accomplishments include:
- One of the few facilities in the world entirely dedicated to advancements in ophthalmology
- One of the busiest eye care centers in the nation
- One of only two Level 1 Ocular Trauma Centers in the United States with a 24/7 eye emergency department
- The only dedicated facility in Alabama specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of the eye
- 16 dedicated operating rooms which support more than 11,000 eye surgeries annually
- Award-winning patient care, having earned prestigious Press Ganey awards in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016
- Named in 2013 as one of the “100 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Pioneering developments in surgical instrumentation, devices, and procedures used by ophthalmologists around the world
- Home to a comprehensive eye research program and the state’s only accredited ophthalmology training program provided by the UAB Department of Ophthalmology
Our knowledgeable and experienced ophthalmologists and staff provide a wide variety of eye care services, including:
- Adult and pediatric ophthalmology
- Eye exams
- Eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Cataract evaluations
- Glaucoma screenings
- Optical store
Free, ground-level parking is provided for clinic visitors. Call 205.325.8620 today for an appointment!