Hazelrig-Salter Radiation Oncology Center brings together an interdisciplinary team of world-renowned medical professionals in a state-of-the-art environment.
As a member of the O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB, this new facility is one of the country’s most technologically advanced centers of its size. Opened in March 2010, this 50,000-square-foot radiation treatment space provides special features including:
- Interactive children’s play area
- Specialty rooms for head and neck patients
- Observation rooms including pediatric area
- Fiber optic and illuminated ceilings for patient comfort
- State-of-the-art linear accelerators and 16-slice computed tomography (CT) with gating for superior imaging
- Vaults dedicated to stereotactic radiosurgery
In addition, patients waiting in the comfortable, light-filled space of the waiting room will have a view of the Jim Limbaugh Family Park of Hope Honoring Phyllis Limbaugh. This park, which includes a garden courtyard with a fountain, is intended to be a place of reflection and renewal for patients and their families. The facility offers comprehensive cancer care for patients in need of radiation oncology services.