Plan Your Visit

Where should I direct any concerns or grievances?

If you have issues with any aspect of your care, feel free to address them using any or all of the following resources:

  • Contact Guest Services by dialing *55 on any in-house telephone or calling 205-934-CARE (2273).
  • If you have a problem or complaint, you may talk with your health care team to resolve the problem. If unresolved, you have the following contact options:
    • UAB Hospital/UAB Hospital-Highlands and ambulatory clinics:
      • Contact Guest Services to request assistance from a patient advocate by dialing *55   from an in-house phone or 205-934-CARE (2273).
      • Send a written letter of unresolved grievance to: UAB Hospital/Ambulatory Clinics, Chief Operating Officer, Suite 502, 500 22nd Street South, Birmingham, AL 35233
    • Callahan Eye Hospital
      • Send a written letter of unresolved grievance to: President, 1720 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35233
      • Call 205-325-8678
    • File a complaint with:
      • The Alabama Department of Public Health, Division of Health Care Facilities, Complaint Unit, PO Box 303017, Montgomery, AL 36130-3017 (the Complaint Unit phone number is 1-800-356-9596)
      • The Joint Commission (TJC) by calling 1-800-994-6610
      • The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) by calling 1-800-633-4227 or

By using this site you agree to our Privacy Policy.