How do I email my doctor?
You may communicate with your doctor via myUABMedicine, a free online patient portal for UAB Medicine patients. It offers personalized and secure access to portions of your electronic medical record. The portal also helps you manage your health and stay connected with your UAB health care providers. You can log in to this tool from anywhere you have access to the Internet. You can use it to communicate with your health care providers, request refills for current prescription medications, view selected lab or other test results, view summaries of your visits, see lists of your current and active medications and allergies, and more. To sign up for the patient portal, please follow the instructions in the patient portal email invitation, which you can request from your doctor, when entering the hospital, or by clicking on the myUABMedicine button at uabmedicine.org.
Patient Portal Registration Step by Step
Once your health care provider confirms your email address and starts the sign-up process, you will receive an email with instructions on how to create your myUABMedicine account. If you do not receive your email invitation, please call UAB Guest Services at 205-934-CARE (2273).
- Watch your email inbox for the invitation. You must create your myUABMedicine account within 90 days of receiving the invitation or you will need to request a new invitation. If you do not want to create a myUABMedicine account, just delete the email.
- In the email invitation you receive, click on the link provided. The link in the email invitation will take you to a page with steps on how to get started.
- Next you will be asked to verify your date of birth and answer a security question.
- Your information will then be placed in the portal, and you may begin using the portal.
- To access the myUABMedicine Patient Portal in the future, just visit uabmedicine.org/me and click on the “Login to Portal” button.
- You also may self-enroll in the myUABMedicine Patient Portal by following the instructions at myuabmedicine.iqhealth.com/self-enroll/.
Log In to myUABMedicine
Keywords: patient portal, emailing my doctor