Becker’s Healthcare has named UAB Medicine as one of the nation’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare for 2023. This annual list highlights hospitals, health systems, and medical centers that set themselves apart in the industry by investing in employees’ well-being, satisfaction, and fulfillment.
UAB Medicine is the only organization in Alabama included on the 2023 list. Becker’s Healthcare mentioned several specific factors in choosing UAB Medicine, including:
- The integration of diversity, equity, and inclusion into our mission
- A reputation for attracting top talent
- Employee resource groups for women, young professionals, veterans, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ health care equity
- Competitive benefits packages that include flexible scheduling options and an on-site child development center
- Supporting employee advancement through career pathway opportunities, professional development, and tuition assistance
- Being named America’s No. 1 Best Large Employer for 2021 by Forbes magazine
In compiling the 2023 list, Becker’s Healthcare also considered the impact of giving back to the communities these organizations serve and providing volunteer opportunities for staff. Meeting the needs and desires of employees promotes overall excellence and helps make a positive difference for patients, Becker’s Healthcare noted. The list is based on nominations and research; organizations cannot pay to be included.
The largest single-site employer in Alabama, UAB Medicine employs about 19,000 people and treats some 1.6 million patients annually. Becker’s Healthcare consistently recognizes UAB Medicine on its annual list of 100 Great Hospitals in America.
UAB Health System CEO Dawn Bulgarella, MSHA, CPA, says she’s proud to see UAB Medicine once again included on the 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare list, on which UAB Medicine has earned a spot multiple times over the past decade.
“UAB Medicine is frequently honored for providing excellent patient care, but I think it’s also noteworthy when we are recognized for how well we take care of our employees and for striving to maintain a supportive and inclusive workplace environment,” Bulgarella says. “Patient satisfaction and employee satisfaction are inextricably linked, and UAB Medicine is committed to ensuring that we continue to earn high marks in both of these measures.”
Click here to see the full list for 2023.
Learn more about working at UAB Medicine and starting your next-level career at one of the nation’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.