The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Nursing, along with the Nursing and Nurse Anesthesia chapters of the UAB National Alumni Society, recently hosted the school’s annual Alumni Night.
The event gave alumni a chance to network and reconnect with fellow classmates and faculty. It also recognized the accomplishments of eight outstanding alumni for their impact on health care and the community.
The three UAB Medicine employees who received awards are highlighted below:
Adam Wilson, ANM, ED
Young Alumni Merit Award
Recognizing alumni who have graduated within the last 10 years, work in a health care setting, and focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Direct care in hospitals, homes, clinics, etc.
- Teaching patients, students, or nursing personnel
- Leading others through administration, and ensuring the implementation of policies and procedures that positively impact patient care
Brooke Vining, Senior Director of Peri-Anesthesia Services
Rising Star in Nurse Anesthesia Award
Recognizing nurse anesthesia alumni who have graduated within the last five years and exemplify one or more of the following traits:
- Demonstrating excellence as a clinical practitioner
- Promoting safety and quality health care to patients and their families
- Contributing to the nurse anesthesia profession through service and outreach
Nolan Lyda, CRNA, CVICU
Career Achievement in Nurse Anesthesia Award
Recognizing nurse anesthesia alumni who exemplify one or more of the following traits:
- Has made significant contributions to the nurse anesthesia profession
- Has been actively involved in improving the quality of patient care
- Worked toward furthering the nurse anesthesia profession
“Each of these alumni award recipients has made a significant contribution to nursing, UAB Nursing, our local communities, and our state,” says UAB School of Nursing Dean Maria R. Shirey, PhD, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, ANEF, FACHE, FNAP, FAAN. “It is incredibly special to have so many of our winners this year come from our UAB Nursing Partnership collaborator, UAB Medicine. It truly is a testament to the caliber of UAB nurses – from the beginning of their nursing education through their time in our nursing workforce – and I am so proud to call each of these nurse leaders alumni and colleagues.”
Click here to see a list of all winners and learn more about the awards.