UAB Medicine congratulates the 2023 recipients of the UAB Medicine Excellence Award, which is the highest honor available for staff. UAB Medicine has a rich history of recognizing excellence. Employees were considered for this award based upon skill set, knowledge, performance, leadership, teamwork, and demonstration of our Core Values.
Congratulations to our 2023 winners!
- Laura Raye Byrd, BSHA, BSA – Operations Manager, UAB Cardiovascular Institute
- Jacqueline E. Brienza – Surgery Scheduling and Billing Compliance Coordinator, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Mark Masoner – Certified Medical Assistant
- Kaitlin Nutley, PharmD, BCCCP – Clinical Pharmacist, Medical ICU
- Manisha Vaidya, MS, RD, LD – Clinical Dietitian, Food and Nutrition Services
- Holly Johnson – Food and Nutrition Services
- Bradley Burk, PharmD, BCPP – Clinical Pharmacist, Acute Psychiatry and Recovery Stabilization Unit
- Promil Kukreja, MD, PhD, CMQ, FASA – Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine; Vice Chair and Program Director, Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Medicine (RAAPM) Fellowship; Director, Trauma and Acute Care Anesthesia
- Rose Fabry, MBA – Strategic Sourcing Specialist, Contract Sourcing
- Sabrina Dailey – Environmental Services
- Danny Potts – Business Intelligence Architect, UAB Medicine Health System Information Services (HSIS)
- Mattie Beavers – Guest Services Representative
- Lisa Lein, PT – Physical Therapist, Rehabilitation Services
- Anthony Harris – Environmental Services
- Mark English – Food and Nutrition Services
- Angela Medici, MSN, RN, LSSGB – Senior Director, Quality and Patient Safety
Click here to see our 2023 Clinical Excellence in Nursing Award winners.