1. What is UAB Ambassador?
UAB Ambassador Program is a secure, Internet-based tool that provides referring physicians with access to their patients’ UAB electronic medical record.
2. Who can sign up for Ambassador?
Ambassador is open to all physicians as well as physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
3. How do I sign up for Ambassador?
To request access to Ambassador, complete the form below and return it to Physician Services via fax to 205.996.9107 or via email to email@example.com.
Ambassador Access Request (PDF)
For more information or questions regarding Ambassador, please call UAB Physician Services at 205.934.6890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Is there a charge for the Ambassador program?
5. Does Ambassador require any special software?
Ambassador requires Internet Explorer 8 or greater to run optimally. The Chrome and Firefox browsers are also compatible with Ambassador. When you login to Ambassador, DO NOT allow your browser to “save the password”. This will prevent others from using your stored password. You will be required to use your password each time you log in, along with a token code that you will be issued upon signing up for Ambassador.
6. Who administers the Ambassador program?
Ambassador is administered by UAB Physician Services at 205.934.6890, which provides customer service and technical support for the program.
7. How do I create a unique patient list?
Patient lists may be created in one of several ways:
- If your patient identifies you as the referring physician when he/she checks in at UAB, the patient will automatically be linked to your portal.
- Call Physician Services at 205.934.6890 and your patient will be linked immediately (7 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday).
- Send an electronic “Attach a Patient” request via the Ambassador portal, and the patient will be linked within 24 business hours.
8. Can referring physicians send information to UAB via the Ambassador Portal?
Not at this time. For physician-to-physician communication, please call UAB Medical Information Service via Telephone at 1.800.UAB.MIST (1.800.822.6478). UAB MIST provides physicians and other health care professionals nationwide with toll-free, 24/7 access to UAB faculty, staff, and services.
9. Is UAB Ambassador intended to replace physician-to-physician communication?
No. Ambassador is one of many tools designed to facilitate communication, and other means of communication are still a necessary part of patient care.