MD Learning Channel - COVID-19
THE RAPID DEVELOPMENT OF COVID-19 VACCINES
Ronan O’Beirne, EdD, MBA
Director, UAB Continuing Medical EducationKatelyn Hiden
Physician Marketing Manager, UAB Health SystemThe planners have no commercial affiliations to disclose.
Paul Goepfert, MD
Professor, Division of Infectious Diseases
- Grants/Grants Pending/Research Support - Sanofi; NIH
- Consulting Fee - Altimmune
No other speakers, planners, or content reviewers (Ronan O'Beirne, EdD, and Katelyn Hiden) have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. There is no commercial support for this activity.
Update on COVID-19: From Controversies to Successes
Rachael Lee, MD, gives an update on the epidemiology of COVID-19 and discusses the latest controversies and successes in diagnosis and treatments.
Managing Acute Kidney Injury in COVID-19 Patients
Dr. Ashita Tolwani discusses the management of acute kidney injury in COVID-19 patients.Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this CME activity, participants should be able to:
- Understand how to manage acute kidney injury in patients with COVID-19
- Identify best practices relating to acute kidney injury in patients with COVID-19
- Understand continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT)
- Consulting Fee - Baxter Healthcare
- Patents (planned, pending or issued) - Royalties from Baxter for patent
- Royalties - Royalties from Baxter for patent
- Payment for Lectures, including Service on Speakers' Bureaus - Baxter Healthcare
Dr. Tolwani does not intend to discuss the off-label use of a product. No other speakers, planners or content reviewers have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. There is no commercial support for this activity.
Accreditation Statement: The University of Alabama School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Alabama School of Medicine designates this online enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.Take Test Now >>
COVID-19: Impact on the Cardiovascular System
- Understand the impact COVID-19 has to the cardiovascular system
- Identify the impact COVID-19 has to pediatric cardiovascular systems.
- Identify myocardial injury among hospitalized patients who are ill with COVID-19.
- Grants/Grants Pending/Research Support - Amgen; Astra Zeneca; DalCor; Sanofi; Esperion; The Medicines Company
- Consulting Fee - Sanofi
- Honorarium - American College of Cardiology; American Heart Association; NIA DSMB
- Payment for Lectures, including Service on Speakers' Bureaus - Mayo Clinic; National Lipid Association; Hartford Health
Physician/Patient Engagement and Technology: The New Normal?
Cynthia Brown, MD; Gaurav Jain, MD; and Eric Wallace, MD; discuss the current state of telehealth and its possible future.