COVID-19 Provider Resources
Get CME and News Updates:
Get CME and News Updates:
- Frequently Asked Questions - 12.14.20
- Interim Considerations for COVID-19 Vaccination for Pregnant or Lactating Women - 12.16.20
Screening & Diagnostic Testing
- Expanded Screening Protocol - 04.06.20
- Specimen Collection Technique - 03.20.20
- Testing Criteria and PPE Recommendations - 03.18.20
Treatment of COVID-19
Patient Care Protocols and Algorithms
- Tracheotomy Guidelines Prolonged Respiratory Failure - 04.07.20
- Rehab Services Acute Care Strategy - 03.31.20
- CODE BLUE Recommendations for PUI or COVID-19+ - 04.20.20
- CODE BLUE Recommendations for Non PUI or COVID-19+ - 04.08.20
- Proning Protocol for Awake Non-Intubated COVID+ or PUI Patients - 04.20.20
- Log of Persons Entering Room Housing PUI - Isolation Room Entry Log - 03.12.20
Discharge and Death of COVID-19 Patients
- Home Care Instructions for People with COVID-19 - 04.08.20
- Deceased Patient Protocol-Infection Prevention and Control for Deceased Patient Management in the Context of COVID-19 (Interim Guidance) - 04.06.20
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Universal Masking Policy Statement - 04.29.20
- Universal Masking Chart - 04.28.20
- Extended Use PPE Checklist for COVID-19+ Patients Cohorted and Non-Cohorted Units - 04.07.20
- COVID-19 Aerosol Generating Procedures PPE Checklist - 04.06.20
- COVID-19 Aerosol Generating Procedures PPE Checklist for Providers and Resp Therapy - 04.06.20
- Transporting COVID-19 Patients - 03.20.20
- PPE Donning and Doffing Process for COVID-19 Patients - 03.17.20
- VIDEO: COVID-19 Enhanced PPE Donning with Face Mask - 03.13.20
- VIDEO: COVID-19 Enhanced PPE Doffing with Face Mask - 03.13.20
- VIDEO: COVID-19 Aerosolizing Procedures PPE Donning & Doffing for Providers and Respiratory Therapists - 03.16.20
Women & Infants Center Processes
- Guidelines for Care of Newborns with COVID-19 Exposure - 08.17.20
- Patient Handout for Mothers with COVID-19 - 08.17.20
- Patient Handout for Mothers with COVID-19 (Spanish) - 07.13.20
- CODE BLUE Infant Recommendations for PUI or COVID-19+ Patients - 10.09.20
- OB Anesthesia COVID-19 Guidelines - 04.08.20
- OR Management Step by Step - 03.28.20
- Cesarean Section OR Management - 03.28.20
- PUI/COVID-19 Airway - 03.28.20
- Intubation Step by Step - 03.28.20
- Airway Management Images - 03.28.20
- OB COVID-19 Guidelines - 03.28.20
- Step-by-Step Labor Epidural - 03.28.20
- OB Transport Step by Step - 03.28.20
Mental Health Resources
- UAB Medicine Addiction Recovery Resources (205-975-7350) - Offers an an individualized approach to the assessment and treatment of alcohol and substance abuse.
- The Recovery Organization of Support Specialists (1-844-307-1760) - This 24/7 helpline is available to residents of Alabama and is funded by the Alabama Department of Mental Health (ADMH).
- National Institute on Drug Abuse - Helpful suggestions and resources on finding addiction treatment centers.
- Detox Local - Actionable guide to finding a drug detox center, as well as a directory of licensed detox centers throughout Alabama.
- Live Another Day - In-depth opioid overdose prevention resource guide.
- Wings Across Alabama (1-844-999-4647) - Peer-to-peer support network that is unique to Alabama and offers direct support and connection for people dealing with mental health challenges.
- The Summit Wellness Group - Comprehensive suicide prevention guide that features dozens of free online support resources.