Bariatric Surgery Pre-Op Meal Plan
- This meal plan should be followed for two weeks prior to your operation.
- This meal plan consists of four meal replacements and one solid food meal per day (except for the day before surgery). The one meal should consist of protein and vegetables.
- Space your meal replacement shakes and one solid food meal evenly throughout the day. Have your meal or a shake every 3-4 hours.
- Take one multi-vitamin daily.
- Drink 64 ounces of calorie-free/very low-calorie (less than five calories per serving) sugar-free fluids daily.
- Avoid caloric beverages such as alcohol, juice, regular soda, Gatorade, and sweet tea.
- Do not add fruit or milk to any of the meal replacements.
- If you are using powdered shake mix, use water to mix your shakes (not milk or juice).