Bariatric Surgery Pre-Op Meal Plan
- This meal plan should be followed for two weeks prior to your operation.
- This meal plan consists of four meal replacements and one solid food meal per day (except for the day before surgery). The one meal should consist of protein and vegetables.
- Space your meal replacement shakes and one solid food meal evenly throughout the day. Have your meal or a shake every 3-4 hours.
- Take one multi-vitamin daily.
- Drink 64 ounces of calorie-free/very low-calorie (less than five calories per serving) sugar-free fluids daily.
- Avoid caloric beverages such as alcohol, juice, regular soda, Gatorade, and sweet tea.
- Do not add fruit or milk to any of the meal replacements.
- If you are using powdered shake mix, use water to mix your shakes (not milk or juice).
Bariatric Surgery Helped Theresa Fight Lupus and Fibromyalgia
Bariatric Surgery Helped Mary Lose Weight and Fight Type 2 Diabetes
Bariatric Surgery Helped LaShane Conquer Her Lifelong Weight Loss Battle
Bariatric Surgery Helped Jennifer Lose Over 100 Pounds Despite Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Bariatric Surgery Helped Felix Lose Weight and Fight Type 2 Diabetes