Post-Operative Bariatric Surgery Diet – Phase 2 (Days 2-14)
- All foods must be smooth and liquid in consistency.
- Your goal is to consume six small meals per day.
- Daily protein goal: Women 60-80 grams/day; men 80-100 grams/day
- Drink at least 48-64 ounces of approved beverages beginning in this phase.
- Separate liquids from meals (even if your meal is a protein shake). Stop drinking 30 minutes before you begin a meal, and do not resume drinking until 30 minutes after you finish the meal.
- Sip fluids slowly throughout the day; avoid “chugging” or gulping your drinks.
- All liquids must be low in calories (15 calories or less per 8 ounces), sugar-free, caffeine-free, and non-carbonated.
- Keep a food journal and track your food intake, protein intake, and vitamin supplements.