UAB Psychiatry offers diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment for a wide variety of emotional and mental disorders. UAB’s state-of-the-art technology and innovative therapies ensure that patients and their families receive the most comprehensive and compassionate psychiatric care available. Intensive individual and group therapy allows UAB physicians to provide optimal care for patients of all ages with various psychiatric disorders and in varying degrees of distress.
Services provided by UAB Psychiatry include:
- Beacon Addiction Treatment Program
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Community Mental Health Center Adult Day Therapy Program
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Engel Adult Day Treatment Programs
- Inpatient Treatment
- Neuropsychological Evaluation
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Assessments
- Outpatient Diagnostic Evaluations
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scans
- Psychological Testing
- Psychotherapy Services for the Individual, Family, and Group
- Psychopharmacology Clinic
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Research and Evaluation of Assertive Community Treatment (REACT)
- Schizophrenia Research Program
- Sparks-Civilian Center
- Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT)
- Substance Abuse Programs
- Summer Treatment Program (STP) for ADHD, ODD, and Autism Spectrum Disorders
Conditions treated include:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Anxiety Disorders (other than Panic Disorder, PTSD, and OCD)
- Attention Deficit/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Dementias (other than Alzheimer’s Dementia)
- Depression/Severe Depression
- Developmental Disorders
- Disruptive Behavior Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Mood Disorders, such as Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic/Thought Disorders
- Sexual Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse and Dependence
UAB is an active participant in research and clinical trials for Psychiatric Disorders. We encourage you to speak to your physician about research and clinical trial options and browse the link below for more information.View Clinical Trials
True or False: High blood pressure drugs add to COVID-19 complications or risk.
Are facial coverings other than traditional masks (gaiters, bandanas, etc.) effective?
Does a PM 2.5 filter help with coronavirus?
Is it safe to wear a mask while participating in low-impact exercise indoors?
Does the flu vaccine interfere with the body's ability to fight off coronavirus?