UAB Medicine News
NEWS & UPDATES
School of Nursing Alumni Awards Include Two UAB Medicine Leaders
In celebration of its 70th anniversary, the UAB School of Nursing honored 70 alumni who are leaders in the field of nursing, nurse anesthesia, and health care with its Visionary Leader awards. Two of the 70 award-winners are UAB Medicine leaders: Chief Nursing Officer Terri Poe, DNP, RN, NE-BC, and Family Nurse Practitioner Lindsey Harris, DNP, CRNP, who in 2020 was inducted as the first African-American president of the Alabama State Nurses Association.
The winners were honored during a series of virtual events in April. UAB Medicine leaders who were nominated for the award included:
- Caroline Baker, RN – professional development specialist
- Catherine Brown, DNP, FNP-BC – associate vice president for advanced practice providers
- Laura Lee Demmons – director of UAB Critical Care Transport
- Eileen Meyer, DNP, CRNP, ACNP-BC – assistant director of advanced practice providers
- Anthony Patterson, RN – CEO of UAB Hospital
The Visionary Leader awards recognize UAB School of Nursing graduates for exemplary service in education and research, outstanding leadership, innovation, and far-reaching impact on nursing and health care at the state, national, and international levels. Nominations were submitted by fellow graduates, colleagues, and peers in their respective fields.
Click here to read more about the awards.