O'Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at Acton Road
The O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at Acton Road brings innovative, advanced cancer treatment and specialty care services to your community in an easy to access location. This state-of-the-art facility offers exceptional, internationally renowned care from the same providers that staff the O'Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB downtown.
Located just off of Interstate 459 and nestled in the rolling hills between Hoover and Vestavia Hills, this location brings leading-edge cancer care to Birmingham’s over the mountain communities and areas south of town.Our multidisciplinary approach to treating cancer bridges the gap between advanced technology and compassionate care. As a cancer patient, determining where to receive treatment will be one of the most important decisions you face. At the O’Neal Cancer Center at Acton Road, our patients benefit from:
- Teams of physicians specializing in your specific type of cancer
- Access to a multidisciplinary approach to care, a team of specialists working together to determine the most appropriate treatments
- The most advanced technology available, providing reduced treatment time with fewer side effects
- A comfortable infusion therapy unit with personal care provided to each patient
- Medical oncology, infusion therapy, and radiation oncology services in the same location
- Access to the latest novel treatments for your cancer
- Easy access off of I-459, as well as free parking
- Hours of Operations: Monday through Friday, 8 am-5 pm
Breast Health, Hematology/Oncology, Cardio-Oncology, Urology Oncology, and Colorectal Surgery are Provider-based clinics. Provider-based (or hospital-based) clinics are terms that Medicare uses to describe outpatient clinics that actually are part of a hospital. Basically, it means that the physician offices of certain clinics at the O'Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at Acton Road are treated as departments of UAB Hospital. Patients who visit a provider-based clinic may receive two bills: one for the services provided by the physician and one for the services provided by the facility. In addition, Medicaid patients may be required to pay two co-payments for receiving care at provider-based clinics: one for the physician visit and one for the hospital visit. Depending on their insurance coverage, patients may pay more overall for outpatient services and procedures at provider-based clinics. Click here to learn more about provider-based clinics, including answers to frequently asked questions.
Free parking is available directly in front of the facility.