Pardon Our Progress
UAB Callahan Eye Hospital & Clinics
Information for Patients and Visitors During Elevator Upgrades
At UAB Callahan Eye Hospital & Clinics, we are dedicated to providing excellent patient care to everyone who comes through our doors. To help deliver a better patient experience, we are upgrading our elevators near the parking deck.
Below is some helpful information for our patients and visitors about the best way to get around in the building during this construction project.
On the day of your surgery:
- Please use the elevators at the emergency room entrance.
- Please be sure to drop off surgery patients at the main entrance off of University Boulevard and 18th Street (this entrance leads to the working elevators).
- Please note that Levels 1, 2, 3, and 7 in the parking deck are accessible for people with physical challenges.
On the day of your clinic visit:
- During this renovation, there will always be one working elevator near the parking deck.
- In order to reduce congestion, please park as close to your clinic as possible.
- To visit providers in the Lions Clinic, park on Level 1.
- To visit providers in Suite 200, park on Level 2.
- To visit providers in Suite 410, park on Level 3 or 4*
- To visit providers in Suite 500, park on Level 5* or 6*.
- To visit providers in Suite 601, park on Level 7.
*Not accessible for people with physical challenges.
Please call or text 205-325-8100 if you have questions about these instructions.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve your experience at Callahan Eye Hospital & Clinics.