Beacon Recovery Program
For the health and safety of our patients and staff, building access at all UAB Beacon Recovery locations is restricted to essential medical services only. All other services – including assessments, counseling, and case management – will be conducted over the phone until further notice. Click here for more information.
Beacon Recovery is a UAB Medicine-affiliated outpatient substance abuse treatment program for adults and adolescents ages 13-18. We offer a comprehensive range of services tailored to meet the individual needs and recovery goals of each patient. To accommodate busy schedules, we offer group sessions in the morning, afternoon, evening, and on the weekend. In addition to group therapy, patients receive individual counseling, connections to community resources, peer recovery support, and family services to help enhance the recovery process.
Most patients complete treatment in 3-6 months. However, we recognize that everyone is different, so we work to customize a recovery plan that best fits each patient and his or her path to recovery. Beacon Recovery also offers early intervention programs for individuals whose substance abuse is in the early stages.
Beacon Recovery’s services include:
- Offers individual, group, family therapy and education, and aftercare program
- Adult specialty groups (for grief, trauma, gender-specific, etc.)
- Specialized treatment for adolescents ages 13-18
- Beacon Recovery works with experts at UAB Center for Psychiatric Medicine
- Offers opioid-specific interventions with medication-assisted treatment
- Helps connect you to community resources (housing, medical care, mental health services, etc.)
- Certified Peer Recover Support Specialists on staff