UAB Medicine News
What Do UAB Dietitians Eat in a Day?
Dawn Lowery, MS, RD, LD – inpatient clinical dietitian
- Hard-boiled egg
- English muffin, toasted with grape jam
- Coffee with vanilla creamer
- Banana with peanut butter
- Salad greens with tuna, glazed pecans, matchstick carrots, and poppy seed dressing
- Coconut Two Good yogurt
- 2 pear halves
- Chocolate sea salt RXBAR
- White cheddar rice cake
- Grilled chicken breast marinated in The New Primal classic marinade
- Green beans roasted with oil, garlic powder, and black pepper
- 2 Fig Newton cookies
Holly Bowden – inpatient dietetic technician
- Wheat toast with strawberry jam
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (whites only)
- Hazelnut-flavored coffee with a splash of half & half
- Lemon artichoke chicken
- Roasted carrots
- Steamed cabbage
- Graham cracker with peanut butter
- Oven-roasted sausage
- Sweet potatoes
- Zucchini, red onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, radishes, and bell pepper with fresh garlic and dill
Emily Keene, MS, RD, LD – inpatient dietitian
- Smoothie made with yogurt, almond milk, spinach, banana, berries, and peanut butter
- Apple with peanut butter
- Turkey sandwich with cheddar cheese
- Salad with spinach, strawberries, sunflower seeds, balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Hummus with carrots and tortilla chips
- Chicken tinga tacos with pineapple, guacamole, and salsa
Cammy Lovoy, MS, RD, LD – inpatient dietitian
- Spoonful of almond butter
- Taco soup with wheat thins
- 1 cheese stick
- Handful of grapes
- Cliff bar
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 2 frozen Kashi waffles with strawberry jelly
Barb Roberts, MS, RDN, LD, CDE – outpatient registered dietitian & certified diabetes educator
- Low-sugar instant oatmeal
- Apple or pear
- Cup of fat-free yogurt
- Whole wheat pasta with cannellini beans, artichoke hearts, green olives, and parmesan cheese
- Baked fresh fruit chips
- Mixed nuts
- Wheat Thins with cheese
- Rice Krispy treat
- Pop-Tarts (not recommended for most)
- Baked pork chop
- Sweet potato with margarine
- Steamed broccoli with lemon juice and lemon pepper
Produced by UAB Medicine Marketing Communications (learn more about our content).
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
When can you expect the worst of COVID-19 symptoms after you test positive?
Is it safe to spend time with someone who previously tested positive for COVID-19 if they are no longer symptomatic?
Does zinc help fight COVID-19?
How long should you quarantine if you are asymptomatic but tested positive for COVID-19?
How long does COVID last on wood?
Can you get COVID-19 from using cash or change when purchasing items?
Women’s Heart Health: What You Need to Know
Do You Know Your Heart-Health Numbers?
4 Quick and Easy Lifestyle Changes Can Improve Heart Health
Patient Shares His Gratitude for New Hepatitis C+ Liver