UAB Medicine News
What Do UAB Dietitians Eat in a Day?
Dawn Lowery, MS, RD, LD – inpatient clinical dietitian
- Hard-boiled egg
- English muffin, toasted with grape jam
- Coffee with vanilla creamer
- Banana with peanut butter
- Salad greens with tuna, glazed pecans, matchstick carrots, and poppy seed dressing
- Coconut Two Good yogurt
- 2 pear halves
- Chocolate sea salt RXBAR
- White cheddar rice cake
- Grilled chicken breast marinated in The New Primal classic marinade
- Green beans roasted with oil, garlic powder, and black pepper
- 2 Fig Newton cookies
Holly Bowden – inpatient dietetic technician
- Wheat toast with strawberry jam
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (whites only)
- Hazelnut-flavored coffee with a splash of half & half
- Lemon artichoke chicken
- Roasted carrots
- Steamed cabbage
- Graham cracker with peanut butter
- Oven-roasted sausage
- Sweet potatoes
- Zucchini, red onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, radishes, and bell pepper with fresh garlic and dill
Emily Keene, MS, RD, LD – inpatient dietitian
- Smoothie made with yogurt, almond milk, spinach, banana, berries, and peanut butter
- Apple with peanut butter
- Turkey sandwich with cheddar cheese
- Salad with spinach, strawberries, sunflower seeds, balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Hummus with carrots and tortilla chips
- Chicken tinga tacos with pineapple, guacamole, and salsa
Cammy Lovoy, MS, RD, LD – inpatient dietitian
- Spoonful of almond butter
- Taco soup with wheat thins
- 1 cheese stick
- Handful of grapes
- Cliff bar
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 2 frozen Kashi waffles with strawberry jelly
Barb Roberts, MS, RDN, LD, CDE – outpatient registered dietitian & certified diabetes educator
- Low-sugar instant oatmeal
- Apple or pear
- Cup of fat-free yogurt
- Whole wheat pasta with cannellini beans, artichoke hearts, green olives, and parmesan cheese
- Baked fresh fruit chips
- Mixed nuts
- Wheat Thins with cheese
- Rice Krispy treat
- Pop-Tarts (not recommended for most)
- Baked pork chop
- Sweet potato with margarine
- Steamed broccoli with lemon juice and lemon pepper
Produced by UAB Medicine Marketing Communications (learn more about our content).
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Pandemic Response Helps UAB Earn No. 1 Spot on Forbes List of Best Large Employers
From Medellín to Medicine: Optometrist Marcela Frazier Built a Practice that Honors Her Heritage
Callahan Trussville Q&A
Women's COVID-19 Information including Vaccination of Pregnant or Lactating Women
When can you expect the worst of COVID-19 symptoms after you test positive?
Is it safe to spend time with someone who previously tested positive for COVID-19 if they are no longer symptomatic?
Does zinc help fight COVID-19?
How long should you quarantine if you are asymptomatic but tested positive for COVID-19?
How long does COVID last on wood?
Can you get COVID-19 from using cash or change when purchasing items?