UAB Medicine News
What Do UAB Dietitians Eat in a Day?
Dawn Lowery, MS, RD, LD – inpatient clinical dietitian
- Hard-boiled egg
- English muffin, toasted with grape jam
- Coffee with vanilla creamer
- Banana with peanut butter
- Salad greens with tuna, glazed pecans, matchstick carrots, and poppy seed dressing
- Coconut Two Good yogurt
- 2 pear halves
- Chocolate sea salt RXBAR
- White cheddar rice cake
- Grilled chicken breast marinated in The New Primal classic marinade
- Green beans roasted with oil, garlic powder, and black pepper
- 2 Fig Newton cookies
Holly Bowden – inpatient dietetic technician
- Wheat toast with strawberry jam
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (whites only)
- Hazelnut-flavored coffee with a splash of half & half
- Lemon artichoke chicken
- Roasted carrots
- Steamed cabbage
- Graham cracker with peanut butter
- Oven-roasted sausage
- Sweet potatoes
- Zucchini, red onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, radishes, and bell pepper with fresh garlic and dill
Emily Keene, MS, RD, LD – inpatient dietitian
- Smoothie made with yogurt, almond milk, spinach, banana, berries, and peanut butter
- Apple with peanut butter
- Turkey sandwich with cheddar cheese
- Salad with spinach, strawberries, sunflower seeds, balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Hummus with carrots and tortilla chips
- Chicken tinga tacos with pineapple, guacamole, and salsa
Cammy Lovoy, MS, RD, LD – inpatient dietitian
- Spoonful of almond butter
- Taco soup with wheat thins
- 1 cheese stick
- Handful of grapes
- Cliff bar
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 2 frozen Kashi waffles with strawberry jelly
Barb Roberts, MS, RDN, LD, CDE – outpatient registered dietitian & certified diabetes educator
- Low-sugar instant oatmeal
- Apple or pear
- Cup of fat-free yogurt
- Whole wheat pasta with cannellini beans, artichoke hearts, green olives, and parmesan cheese
- Baked fresh fruit chips
- Mixed nuts
- Wheat Thins with cheese
- Rice Krispy treat
- Pop-Tarts (not recommended for most)
- Baked pork chop
- Sweet potato with margarine
- Steamed broccoli with lemon juice and lemon pepper
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
What are some signs or symptoms that I should seek emergency medical attention for after testing positive for COVID-19?
Is it okay to postpone regular appointments, wellness checks, treatments, and surgeries recommended by my health care professional because of COVID-19?
Can a RhoGAM shot be used to fight COVID 19?
Is it safe to play outdoor recreational sports during COVID-19?
Can diffusing essential oils help deflect COVID-19 airborne germs?
How safe is the air that is being circulated in places like air-conditioned stores to breathe during COVID-19?
Can wiping hand sanitizer underneath your nose help prevent COVID-19?
Can COVID-19 spread through diaper changing?
7 COVID-19 Myths Debunked
Experts Offer Tips for Managing Back-to-School Disruptions