UAB Medicine News
Healthy Holiday Gift Guide 2018
Finding the perfect gift for your loved ones and helping encourage a healthy lifestyle can be a tricky combo. This year, UAB Medicine has you covered with a guide to health-conscious gifts for anyone on your list.
For the Fitness Junkie
- A ROAD iD wristband is a sporty accessory to use while running, cycling, or training. It combines safety with style so that family and friends can be quickly identified if something goes wrong on the road.
- Heart rate training is the latest fitness trend that keeps you both in shape and in control of your workout. For those who love the burn, this heart rate monitor works with most apps and devices, shows heart rate and calories burned, and has more capabilities when synced with another device.
- At the end of a hard workout, boost your recovery with a foam roller, muscle massager, and cold roller massager to get the maximum benefit from all that effort!
For the Fam in the ‘Ham
- Trying to stay active and get around the Magic City in style? Gift a Zyp BikeShare membership as a fun way support the positive impact the company is making on the city.
- If you have family or friends who enjoy no-fear fun, sign them (and yourself!) up for a zip line or obstacle course adventure at Red Mountain Park.
- For adding a little style to the profile, UAB Callahan Eyewear has all the latest brands at their three optical shop locations around Birmingham. Whether or not your loved one needs prescription lenses, Callahan has something for everyone!
For the Person Who Has Everything
- For the home chef who loves to whip up nutrient-rich meals from scratch, try a salad dressing shaker, an herb stripper, or an infrared thermometer to step things up a notch in the kitchen.
- Tea can be a must-have to survive cold and flu season. Make sure it’s always at the ready with an electric kettle, plus be sure to fight the flu with these great tips!
- For movie nights at home or simply bringing the big screen to your living room, an at-home projector helps you skip the butter-loaded popcorn and bottomless sodas for something lighter while watching your playlist on this portable mini projector.
For the Parents of Four-Legged Friends
- Sometimes it’s all we can do to get out the door to walk the dog, so why not make it oh-so-much easier with this hands-free dog leash? Happy pup plus healthy pup parents is always a win-win!
- It’s common for families to stress about their fur babies while everyone’s away at work and school. If that’s the case at your home, keep an eye on them and even interact with a wifi pet camera that also dispenses treats!
- Cat and dog owners alike know keeping their home clean can be a challenge. This robot vacuum can be controlled from your phone and helps keep pet hair under control.
Editor’s Note: The items listed above are merely gift-giving suggestions. Our staff cannot vouch for the products’ safety, availability, or quality.
Produced by UAB Medicine Marketing Communications (learn more about our content).
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Heart Valve Disease Symptoms Often are Undetected or Dismissed
ICU Nurse Tells UAB’s COVID-19 Story As No One Else Can
UAB Cardiovascular Institute Earns Quality and Performance Awards for 2021
State License Now Required for Genetic Counselors in Alabama
How to Celebrate 2021 Donate Life Month
Celebrating Easter Safely During COVID-19
National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week 2021
COVID Fatigue? Learn How to Manage the Effects
Pandemic Response Helps UAB Earn No. 1 Spot on Forbes List of Best Large Employers
From Medellín to Medicine: Optometrist Marcela Frazier Built a Practice that Honors Her Heritage