UAB Medicine News
Express Online Check-In Now Available at UAB Medicine
UAB Medicine now offers an express online check-in service that allows patients to pre-register for scheduled outpatient clinic appointments through their smart device, laptop, or desktop computer. This option is safer, faster, secure, and more convenient than checking in using the electronic kiosks that were in the clinics previously.
How It Works
- Patients with a scheduled clinic appointment receive an email 3 days prior to their appointment with a link that you click on to pre-register. The link takes you to an electronic system that guides you through each step required to check in. A second reminder is sent via text message 1 day prior to the appointment, if check-in still has not been completed.
- Patients confirm or update personal and insurance information that was collected when the appointment was scheduled.
- Patients take a photo of themselves, a photo of their driver’s license or state ID card, and a photo of their insurance card(s).
- Patients electronically sign paperwork and consent forms.
- Patients make any required payments through the check-in system.
It may be necessary to complete some additional paperwork upon arriving at the clinic, but most of this is handled during the check-in process, which makes for a better patient experience. Patients who do not pre-register will be given the option to complete registration upon arriving at the clinic and make any necessary payments through their own smart device.
Produced by UAB Medicine Marketing Communications (learn more about our content).
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
Pandemic Response Helps UAB Earn No. 1 Spot on Forbes List of Best Large Employers
From Medellín to Medicine: Optometrist Marcela Frazier Built a Practice that Honors Her Heritage
Callahan Trussville Q&A
Women's COVID-19 Information including Vaccination of Pregnant or Lactating Women
When can you expect the worst of COVID-19 symptoms after you test positive?
Is it safe to spend time with someone who previously tested positive for COVID-19 if they are no longer symptomatic?
Does zinc help fight COVID-19?
How long should you quarantine if you are asymptomatic but tested positive for COVID-19?
How long does COVID last on wood?
Can you get COVID-19 from using cash or change when purchasing items?