UAB Medicine News
Express Online Check-In Now Available at UAB Medicine
UAB Medicine now offers an express online check-in service that allows patients to pre-register for scheduled outpatient clinic appointments through their smart device, laptop, or desktop computer. This option is safer, faster, secure, and more convenient than checking in using the electronic kiosks that were in the clinics previously.
How It Works
- Patients with a scheduled clinic appointment receive an email 3 days prior to their appointment with a link that you click on to pre-register. The link takes you to an electronic system that guides you through each step required to check in. A second reminder is sent via text message 1 day prior to the appointment, if check-in still has not been completed.
- Patients confirm or update personal and insurance information that was collected when the appointment was scheduled.
- Patients take a photo of themselves, a photo of their driver’s license or state ID card, and a photo of their insurance card(s).
- Patients electronically sign paperwork and consent forms.
- Patients make any required payments through the check-in system.
It may be necessary to complete some additional paperwork upon arriving at the clinic, but most of this is handled during the check-in process, which makes for a better patient experience. Patients who do not pre-register will be given the option to complete registration upon arriving at the clinic and make any necessary payments through their own smart device.
Produced by UAB Medicine Marketing Communications (learn more about our content).
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
School of Nursing Alumni Awards Include Two UAB Medicine Leaders
Birmingham Heart Walk Running Virtual Again
Inpatient Diabetes and Glycemic Management Program Expands Service During COVID-19
UAB Medicine Physician Offers Advice for New and Expectant Mothers
Living Donors Share the Value of a Priceless Gift
Health Grades Awards
Heart Valve Disease Symptoms Often are Undetected or Dismissed
ICU Nurse Tells UAB’s COVID-19 Story As No One Else Can
UAB Cardiovascular Institute Earns Quality and Performance Awards for 2021
State License Now Required for Genetic Counselors in Alabama