Nursing Values, Purpose and Vision
UAB Nursing Vision and Values
UAB Nursing will be the national leader in the practice of professional nursing; relentless in our pursuit to deliver the highest quality care for every patient, every family, every time.
Our concern for others is greater than our concern for self.
• Active listening
• Be proactive; anticipate and acknowledge the needs of others
• Kind words and warm touch
• Assure all patients and family needs are met
• Close the communication loop
We are a team committed to working together to achieve excellence.
• Be accountable; be present; be ready; and be available
• Be supportive and offer assistance
• Ask questions
• Respect and value one another
We are committed to honesty and truth; we do what we say we will do.
• Direct, respectful, and open communication
• Respect diversity
• Treat people like we want to be treated
• Always do the right thing, even when nobody is looking
We are accountable to and for: our patients and their families, our nursing practice, our peers and partners, our community, and our organization.
• Every patient is my patient
• Escalate issues and concerns
• If you say it; do it
• It’s always “my job”
• Have a “how can I” attitude
We fearlessly explore new concepts, technologies and processes that will improve outcomes.
• Seek challenges
• Embrace change
• Be creative
• Facilitate discovery
• Utilize evidence based practices
UAB Nursing Purpose
UAB Nursing Services exists to provide the highest quality healthcare utilizing innovative approaches in order to improve the health of our communities, one patient at a time.