A Registered Nurse is a health care professional responsible for implementing the practice of nursing through the use of the nursing process in conjunction with other health care professionals.
• The nurse will assess the patient, identify patient care needs and prioritize the nursing diagnosis within the designated timeframe.
• The nurse will contribute to the development of a plan of care based on the nursing diagnosis, the medical diagnosis and clinical information gathered from the patient, family and other healthcare disciplines.
• The Nurse’s actions/interventions address the patient’s immediate, on-going and long term needs, medical diagnosis and priority goals of multi-disciplinary plan of care.
• The nurse evaluates the patient’s actual and/or potential response to the disease process, interventions and outcomes of nursing care and multidisciplinary health care services.
• The nurse incorporates research process(es), principles and practices in the delivery of professional nursing services.
• The nurse uses Quality Improvement/Performance Improvement principles and practices to address unit-based issues related to the quality of care, the appropriate use of technology and the efficiencies of service delivery.
• The nurse establishes and maintains positive interpersonal relationships and promotes effective teamwork with patients, families, customers and the community.
• The RN uses ethical decision-making process(es) and advocates for acceptable patient outcomes.
• The nurse uses effective leadership skills and serves as a role model to enhance the delivery of care and services and overall operation of the work environment.
• The nurse promotes the effective and efficient allocation, distribution and use of unit, service-line and organizational resources for the delivery of safe, cost-effective patient care services.
• Must be either a graduate of a nursing program of study recognized by the Alabama State Board of Nursing or an Associate or a Baccalaureate Degree from a regionally accredited program
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing preferred
• Must have current licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Alabama