OR Team Leader
The OR Team Leader acts in the role of clinician, educator, consultant and manager for patient care and team members and is responsible for maintaining required competencies to perform the nurse’s role in a safe and legal manner.
• Acts a as a clinician for the quality of nursing care provided on the unit.
• Acts as an educator assuring the educational development of team members, patient/family.
• Acts as a consultant for sharing knowledge, expertise and information with team members and other health care team members.
• Acts as a manager of his/her specific team in the delivery of patient care.
• Assists manager in interviewing, counseling, hiring and completing performance appraisals on departmental employees.
• Must have a diploma or degree from an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing preferred
• Minimum of 2 years experience in perioperative nursing with demonstrated leadership skills
• Must have an Alabama RN license