Clinical Nurse Specialist
Clinical Nurse Specialists are clinical experts in the diagnosis and treatment of illness and the delivery of evidence-based nursing interventions.
• Provides clinical consultation to patients, families, visitors, staff, students and colleagues.
• Identifies and recommends clinical standards of practice for the appropriate patient population; monitors unit level quality improvement activities; monitors compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines and collaborates with other health professionals to develop and evaluate programs and services.
• Participates and supports clinical research.
• Serves as an educator for staff, patients, families, peers and students. Assists in coordination, implementation and evaluation of staff orientation.
• Serves as liaison to facilitate quality patient care.
• Promotes satisfaction and effective communication with patients, families, staff, physicians and other departments; communicates information concerning patient care, unit and personnel activities to management in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Must have a MSN
• Must have a current Alabama RN License
• Must have certification by a national Certifying Agency recognized by the Alabama Board of Nursing in the clinical specialty consistent with educational preparation and appropriate to the area of practice
• Minimum of 2 years clinical experience required