Adolescent Psychiatry Unit
Adolescent Psychiatry provides comprehensive care for adolescent patients. Treatment is provided by a diverse and holistic-care team.
Our social services staff provides after care assistance by connecting the patient with available community services as well as placement options. Group, occupational, recreational and music therapy are offered to our patients during the course of their stay. School services are provided by an appropriately accredited teacher.
- Adolescents ages 11 – 18 years
- Wide variety of socioeconomic backgrounds referred from private psychiatrists, Department of Human Resources placements, group homes and mental health centers
Number of Beds
- 12 hour shifts 7a-7p and 7p-7a
- Weekend only plan
- Registered Nurse - 55%
- Physician’s Assistant - 45%
Nursing Unit Orientation
- 6-12 week orientation based on an individual’s needs
- Experienced preceptor is provided and weekly progress and goals are evaluated with feedback provided by the preceptor, nurse manager and newly hired nurse