Top 10 Reasons to Use UAB Women's Services
Find out why UAB Women & Infants Services is Birmingham’s home for comprehensive care at every stage of a woman’s life.
9. PRIVACY: All of our inpatient rooms at the Women & Infants Center are private, including the rooms in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), the largest NICU in the entire country.
8. LEADERSHIP: The UAB Maternal-Fetal Medicine Program is one of the country’s most advanced and is one of only 14 centers nationwide to participate in the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network, which supports clinical research, especially on preterm deliveries. UAB is also home to the nation’s first Center of Excellence for Continence as well as Alabama’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
7. CONNECTION: The Women & Infants Center is physically connected (via sky bridges) to Children’s of Alabama Benjamin Russell Hospital for Children, offering seamless transition between the facilities for babies receiving advanced inpatient care at both locations.
6. RELATIONSHIP: Our physicians are here for you through your first routine gynecological exam, to delivering your baby, to guiding you through menopause. When you establish a relationship with our doctors, you can carry that relationship throughout your lifetime.
5. SURVIVAL: The survival rate of all premature babies at UAB significantly exceeds the national average, as does its rate for survival without mental, auditory, and visual disabilities. Together with Children’s of Alabama, UAB’s NICU is a Level IVC, providing the highest and most comprehensive neonatal services in the state.
4. PREFERRED: In 2011 and 2012, Birmingham parents chose UAB’s NICU as the Best Hospital NICU and G. Wright Bates, MD, took honors as the Best Fertility Specialist in Birmingham and Alabama Baby magazines’ Parent’s Choice Awards.
3. PREMIER: The Women & Infants Center offers 5-star hotel-like amenities, including room service dining. Click here to take a tour.
2. TREATMENT: UAB’s Women & Infants Services are part of national research networks. This allows our faculty and staff to offer the latest and most advanced treatment options available at only the top hospitals in the U.S., often years before they are available elsewhere.
1. PEOPLE: UAB is one of only two hospitals in Alabama with a Magnet-certified nursing staff. Our Gynecology specialty consistently is ranked among the nation’s best by US News & World Report, and many of our women and infant specialists regularly appear on the annual list of the “Best Doctors in America®.”
Learn more about our award-winning Women's Services.