Floor by Floor
The main entrance to the Women and Infants Center is located on the ground floor. Valet parking is available during normal business hours. The lobby contains the guest services desk which is manned 24 hours a day, gift kiosk and DVD rental kiosk. There is also an emergency-delivery and newborn-care area.
Continuing Care Nursery
The second floor is dedicated to new or newly-expanded families, providing a family-focused environment, even when the newest member of the family requires an extended hospital stay. This floor features:
- Private Continuing Care Nursery (CCN) rooms.
- A public, overlooking the Limbaugh Park of Hope, with an adjacent chapel and a quiet room
- Family lounges and children’s playroom for siblings
- A Family Hospitality Center with three family overnight rooms, showers, laundry, a snack kitchen and other family support services
- A multi-purpose/conference room for professional or family education and meetings
Labor and Delivery
The Women and Infants Center’s third-floor newborn delivery facility houses the following:
- Homelike labor, delivery and recovery (LDR) rooms with pull-out bed for dad or other support-giver, flat screen TVs, private bathrooms with showers, and other amenities -C-section rooms, including one bariatric room
- Space, staff and equipment to care for healthy newborns in post-anesthesia recovery rooms, so that babies born by C-sections can stay with mom in the immediate post-surgery recovery period
- Private Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (RNICU) rooms with sleep space for a family member
- Special RNICU rooms designed for twins and triplets, also with sleep space for a family member
- A lobby and conveniently located family sub-waiting rooms
- Family lounges, playrooms and snack and other comfort spaces
- Clinical support space including formula prep, pharmacy, medication prep, respiratory therapy and clinician work.
Educational, Faculty and Support Services
The fifth floor is designed for educating families and new health care professionals, supporting quality-of-care research and facilitating other support services.
Ante-Partum and Post-Partum Services
The sixth floor of the Center will provide post-partum care for new moms, with rooming-in and holding nursery services for healthy newborns. The sixth floor features include:
- Private ante-partum rooms.
- Private, family-oriented post-partum rooms/
- A post-partum procedure room
- Procedure and holding nurseries (when a new mom needs a nap or a break) with space for more than 40 newborns
- A lactation center
- Newborn audiology services
- A family photo room, family lounge and playroom
- Professional and family education space
- Clinical, nourishment and professional support space and professional offices
In addition to delivery and infant care, the Women and Infant Center also offers inpatient care for women receiving medical and/or post-surgical gynecology and gyn-oncology services, many of which are available nowhere else in the state.
The seventh floor features:
- Private gynecology and gyn-oncology inpatient rooms.
- A family lounge and playroom
- A pharmacy suite
- Physician, staff and patient education/conference rooms
- Consultation and quiet family spaces
Ninth and Tenth Floors
Spacious modern and convenient medical office space and physician offices are located on the ninth and tenth floors.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic (High Risk OB)
- Gynecologic Oncology (Womens Cancers)