How do I become a volunteer?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the UAB Health System. Volunteers are special people who are part of our team of world-class healthcare providers. Whether you are an adult, college student, or teenager, volunteering at UAB can be a rewarding experience. As part of the UAB family, volunteers strive to adhere to the Core Values of the UAB Health System:
- Always care - Listen with empathy, be compassionate, and support those in need.
- Own it - Be accountable, take action, and make it happen.
- Work together - Think win-win; build consensus; and play your role on the team.
- Do right - Follow through, work with principles, and do no harm.
The Department of Volunteer Services is committed to providing UAB with reliable and compassionate volunteers throughout the hospital. Some of the areas where volunteers help are:
- Gift Shops
- Waiting Rooms
- Burn/Trauma units (photo of TBICU WR here)
- Neuro ICU
- In-Patient Units
- Healing Words
- Bravery Beads (link to www.uabhealth.org/15752/)
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- SPOONS and Fork-Lift (helping patients with meals)
- Animal-Assisted Activities
- Palliative Care
- Professional Photography
To learn more about joining our team, call Volunteer Services at (205) 934-4270, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Download the Application for Adult and College Volunteers.
History of the Auxiliary
How Do I Become a Volunteer?