Do you have an interest in working in a hospital setting or learning more about careers in healthcare? Are you a mature and responsible high school student? Do you want to meet other teens from the Birmingham area while helping patients and staff? If so, the Teenaged Volunteer (TAV) Program at UAB Hospital might just be the right thing for you.
The TAV Program takes place each summer and is comprised of two sessions – one runs through the month of June and the other through the month of July (specific dates vary each year). To be eligible, teens must:
- be at least age 14 by June 1st
- be actively enrolled in high school
- submit a complete application package, including letter of reference from a current teacher
- attend an in-person interview at UAB
- purchase a TAV uniform (usually around $20)
- commit to attending the entire volunteer session for which he/she applies
Application packages are mailed at the beginning of February each year. Please call the Volunteer Services office at 205-934-4270 for more information.
Be sure to get your application mailed back to us early as the TAV Program at UAB is popular and competitive. We typically have more applicants than we have slots, so the sooner you submit your package, the better chance you have of being accepted.
Thank you for your interest in the TAV Program at UAB Hospital!