Pre-Travel Vaccination - Overview
At UAB, our highly experienced and specialized physicians provide the best preventative measures for patients traveling abroad, including all immunizations recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization. We carry standard and hard-to-find vaccines to keep patients healthy during travel. It is our policy to offer same-week appointments with our specialists to get you on your journey. As a widely recognized leader in tropical medicine and international health, UAB provides the best care for your travel needs.
At UAB, each patient requiring pre-travel vaccination receives a highly individualized pre- and post-travel consultation with a specialized physician, while obtaining the most up-to-date pre-travel medical preparation. Additionally, UAB provides detailed educational materials on staying healthy abroad, and proper vaccinations and pre-travel medication for self-treatment while abroad. All vaccines are in stock at all times, so patients receive their immunizations at the time of their initial appointment.
- Highly individualized pre- and post-travel consultation directly with an experienced, specialized physician
- All immunizations recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization:
- Yellow Fever
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Vaccines in stock for same-day immunizations
- Medication for self-treatment of travelers’ diarrhea
- Medication for Malaria
- Mefloquine (Lariam)
- Detailed educational materials on staying healthy abroad