Radiation Oncology - Make an Appointment
To make an appointment or schedule a second opinion, you can
- Call 934-9999 or toll-free 1-800-822-8816, and an experienced UAB registered nurse will help you choose, and if desired, make an appointment with a UAB physician or service, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Request an appointment online.
- Individuals can seek a medical second opinion from the comfort of their home through the UAB Cancer Care Network Remote Consult »
Why a Second Opinion is Important
It is important to ensure an accurate diagnosis and proper treatment plan when first diagnosed with cancer. Seeking a second opinion is a way to assure that the first diagnosis is correct and that all treatment options have been explored. A second opinion for your cancer diagnosis could result in a more effective treatment. As Alabama’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, the UAB Cancer Center provides patients with the advantage of specialized physicians, leading technology, and new therapies that may not be available elsewhere in the community.
A second opinion gives you options. When it comes to cancer or any type of major medical problem, second opinions are invaluable. In a serious medical situation, it can put patients at ease to have choices.
Why Most Patients Don’t Get a Second Opinion
Patients are often unaware that doctors consider second opinions routine, especially for serious medical conditions. Many people are worried they’re going to offend their doctor if they tell him or her they would like a second opinion. However, second opinions are vital to ensure you have all the information you need to make an informed decision regarding your healthcare.
What Do You Want To Do?
Related Conditions and Services
- Radiation, Brachytherapy
- Radiation, Radioisotope Therapy
- Radiation, Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Radiation Oncology
- Robotic Surgery
- Brain Tumors
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma
- Gynecologic Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Thyroid Cancer
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology