Cancer - Remote Second Opinion
Remote Second Opinion from UAB Medicine
For individuals who need or prefer a medical second opinion for a cancer diagnosis, UAB is now offering access to our physicians and their expertise without having to travel. Individuals can seek a medical second opinion from the comfort of their home.
Through the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center, our physicians will work with you remotely to provide written recommendations about treatment plans and options.
To begin your remote second opinion, please fill out the form below. Once your form has been received, you will be contacted by a member of the UAB Cancer Community Network team.
The following items will be necessary to process this opinion:
- Medical Records (All medical records pertaining to your cancer diagnosis; including pathology slides and diagnostic films)
- Medical History Questionnaire
- Signature Forms (Patient Disclaimer and Payment Authorization Form)
Remote second opinion is a fee for a service that is not covered by insurance. The remote second opinion cost is $895.00.
We cannot offer medical second opinions to patients who are residents of or have a current mailing address in Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, New York, and North Dakota.
What Do You Want To Do?
- Cancer Types and Services
- Cancer Physicians
- Clinic and Hospital Locations
- Remote Second Opinion
- Get a Second Opinion Today
- Why Choose UAB for Your Care
- Make An Appointment
- For Patients
- Honor a Loved One
- Inspiring Stories
- Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- Cancer Community Network
- News and Information