UAB Medicine is composed of several leading organizations that promote our tripartite mission of research, teaching, and clinical care. UAB Medicine includes UAB Health System Corporate Offices, UAB Hospital, Callahan Eye Foundation Hospital, and the University of Alabama Health Services Foundation which operates The Kirklin Clinic, a host of suburban clinics, and the physicians’ private practice plan.
At UAB Medicine we pride ourselves on being the premier medical facility in our state and region, with healthcare professionals who are second to none. Medical facilities all over the country look to UAB as a leader in patient care, research and training, and we deliver with state-of-the-art facilities, doctors at the top of their field of expertise, and staff who go above and beyond for our patients every day.
In any given year, patients from all over the world will visit a UAB facility, and we are committed to making each and every encounter one where the patient comes first. Our faculty and staff know that together they will provide a quality patient experience. This dedication to excellence is what makes UAB a preferred provider of care and attracts the best and brightest employees and faculty.
Among our outstanding programs:
- A nationally ranked cardiovascular center offering the full spectrum of heart and vascular services.
- A National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center providing advanced cancer care and performing cutting edge cancer research.
- Our Level I Trauma Center is equipped to handle any emergency for residents of the state.
- A Level IIIC Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that’s the only one of its kind in Alabama, caring for the sickest babies in the state and region.
- The Comprehensive Transplant Center, a national leader in transplants.