Facts and Figures
- Over 47,000 discharges from UAB Hospital
- 3,982 babies delivered
- Over 1.3 Million Patient Visits per year to our outpatient facilities
- Over 11,000 employees
- Over 900 physicians
- One of the top five largest academic medical centers in the country
1802 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233
- UAB Hospital - licensed for 1157 beds and dedicated to top quality patient care
- UAB Hospital-Highlands - a general acute care facility located on the edge of the Medical Center District of Birmingham, Alabama, providing emergency care, orthopeadics, pain management and the region’s first coordinated care unit for geriatric patients, Acute Care for Elderly (ACE).
- Spain Rehabilitation Center - one of the Southeast’s foremost providers of comprehensive rehabilitation care with nationally recognized programs designed to address every aspect of a patient’s rehabilitation, including physical, social and psychological health.
- UAB Women and Infants Center - has been designed with patient comfort and family-centered care in mind providing sophisticated state-of-the-art medical technology dedicated to healthy and high-risk pregnant women, healthy and high-risk newborns, and women receiving care for a variety of gynecological problems, including gynecological cancers.
- The University of Alabama Health Services Foundation, P.C. - a 950+ multi-specialty physician practice serving UAB through 16 departments, 59 divisions, and 32 centers of excellence. Over 1,285,000 patients are cared for each year.
- The Kirklin Clinic® - covering a full city block with 430,000 square feet, more than 30 distinct clinical units of multidisciplinary teams, and an adjacent covered parking deck that accommodates 1,450 vehicles.
- The Kirklin Clinic® at Acton Road - offers a multidisciplinary approach to cancer care and provides a wide array of patient care services south of town.
- UAB Health Centers - including four Birmingham area neighborhood clinics in Inverness, Hoover, Moody and Hueytown (For the convenience of our patients, UAB physicians are also available at primary care locations in Huntsville, Montgomery, Selma, and Tuscaloosa).
- UAB Callahan Eye Hospital - offering the latest ophthalmic microsurgery, corneal transplantation, and an emergency department dedicated to treating trauma to the eye
- The University of Alabama School of Medicine - with clinical training programs in Birmingham, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Selma, and Montgomery